Hollywood Giving Day – August 11-12th, 2015
Pittsburgh no longer has Day of Giving, so we’re having our own! Opened as a silent movie cinema about 90 years ago, the Hollywood turned nonprofit art house theater in 2011. Since then, we’ve grown to become what the Tribune-Review called “one of the most creative and unusual independent movie theaters not just in the South Hills, but the region at large.” We believe in the great historic, cultural and economic value that neighborhood single screen theaters like the Hollywood bring to communities, and we rely on the generous support of individuals like you who share our passion to help keep our theater going strong.
In past years we counted on participating in Pittsburgh’s Day of Giving
Can’t do it online? Stop in that Wednesday night between 6-10PM and make a donation in person. Big, little, or in the middle – it all counts. And to add a little excitement, we’re offering a chance to win some fantastic prizes. For every $10 donated, your name will be entered once into a drawing for one of the following:
- A free private night at the Hollywood for you and up to 50 of your friends (subject to availability)
- Be the next curator in our Guest Programmer Series: you pick a film for our patrons (subject to copyright clearance), and private use of balcony for you and 10 friends on opening night
- A free bottomless popcorn for one year
- Name one of our seats with a special engraved plaque after you or someone you want to celebrate
- 10 movie passes / 10 popcorns / 10 drinks
- Rocky Horror Picture Show package, including 4 passes, popcorn, soda, prop bags, and special up front seating
- $25 Hollywood gift certificate
- Hollywood Theater t-shirt
- A Chiller Films’ The Boy package, including passes, popcorn and soda for 10 to see the new film starring Rainn Wilson Aug 18-20
- Choice of one of any our our posters for sale in our lobby
So please make a statement of support for historic independent theaters and the Hollywood through your donation this August 11-12, and please share your donation pride on your social media and encourage others to support the Hollywood Theater as well. We couldn’t do it without you – thank you!
The Friends of the Hollywood Theater is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization. Contributions are tax deductible as provided by law. A copy of the Friends of the Hollywood Theater’s registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling, toll free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
As the end of another year approaches, please consider making a tax-deductible donation in any amount to the historic Hollywood Theater, one of the region’s premiere arthouse theaters. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we need your donations to help us keep great programming up on our silver screen, and the popcorn popping and soda flowing.
Thanks for your continuing support and for helping us mark another great year at the Hollywood Theater!